Photography and Knits by Elise Sophie

norwegian flowers, books in a stack on the bedside table, cups of tea, films with lots of swearing, pincushions shaped as mushrooms, cats with big hearts, friends with many names and flavours, music with a lot of dimensions, knitting needles that mysteriously disappear, and yarn. lots of yarn.

tirsdag 15. oktober 2013

On Drops patterns

A while ago I finished a cardigan, that I believe I have not blogged about earlier, in a pattern by Drops. It sort of settled my opinion that Drops patterns are really not that great. I have to admit I'm happy about the result, but there are a few things that annoys me.

First things first; let's have a look at the finished garment:

 photo IMG_9862_zpse7a27ef9.jpg

At first glance it looks really cute, right?

Let's take a closer look:

 photo IMG_9865_zps0c4371d0.jpg

It is this part that really annoys me. In the pattern it said to knit every stitch that would not fit in the cable-pattern as regular knit stitches. When shaping for the armhole (which, incidentally, makes a nice fit, so that's one good element) this became problematic, and as you can see I ended up with a bunch if knit stitches that look as though they should have been cable knit. It would have been so good if they could make the instructions clearer, or rather, create a pattern where all the cables and decreases/increases are perfectly matched. Another thing that was worrying me during knitting, was that it looked so small for a size 5/6. Luckily it grew a fair bit during blocking (to be honest, I gave it a good stretch, just to be sure).

 photo IMG_9867_zps97d294c4.jpg

In the end, the girl (and her parents) who got it for her birthday loved it, and that is all you want, isn't it? More about this on Ravelry.

Have you had similar experiences with patterns from Drops? I'd like to hear I'm not the only one!

0 kommentarer:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thoughts by others

The least strained and most natural ways of the soul are the most beautiful; the best occupations are the least forced.
- Michel de Montaigne.

What's on my bedsidetable right now:

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

Copyright Notice

All the pictures on this blog are © Elise Albrektsen, unless otherwise noted, and should not be used without my permission. Send questions, thoughts and other messages to elise_albrektsen (at) hotmail (dot) com.
Happy reading!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP