Photography and Knits by Elise Sophie

norwegian flowers, books in a stack on the bedside table, cups of tea, films with lots of swearing, pincushions shaped as mushrooms, cats with big hearts, friends with many names and flavours, music with a lot of dimensions, knitting needles that mysteriously disappear, and yarn. lots of yarn.

mandag 15. august 2016

Busy as bees


Lately I've been thinking what I want to share with you on this blog. I've got so many things going on in my life that I don't think it's realistic that I share every aspect of it with you, even though that would be cool. But blogging is not my job, like it is for so many of the people whose blogs I read weekly. I tried to make this space into a knitting blog, but that put too much pressure on me to produce stuff, and I lost focus (and got an inflammation in my arm/wrist!). I don't want my favourite hobby to become a chore and something that I dread to do. I'm sure you can sympathise with me here. 

I have been learning how to sew,  both garments and other things for the house, but I don't feel skilled enough to write confidently about it, and I normally keep everything so busy around my sewing space that it isn't very photo-friendly. This has contributed to me not feeling that inspired to share my sewing adventures with the world... So, that leaves sewing out of the picture. 

I've always been really into food, and especially traditional cooking and older methods of making delicious and nutritious food. I want to become more or less self-sufficient in vegetables at least, and preferably animals, too. I've recently started to indulge my passion for herbal medicine, and have started to harvest wild foods from our surrounding area. It is so rewarding and so beautiful, and it gives me so much satisfaction and joy. I'm only a novice farmer/gardener/herb-geek, so I take my notes and keep them safe, mostly for my own good and learning. I don't feel confident writing about this either. 

All this leads me to my motivation for blogging in the first place. I started this blog when I was 18, I think, and now I am in the middle of my 26th year. That is nearly ten years! I think at the time I needed this space to sort of create my own self a bit, after having struggled with relationship- and family stuff for several years, resulting in me just putting myself and my needs/wants on hold. This space offered me an opportunity of showing the world what I was and what I wanted to be.  It was great and it was liberating. The blogging world was also quite different then, it was just starting to grow into a proper community, and I felt like I belonged. While I still truly love it, I don't feel like I necessarily need to have my own space anymore. I think for me this is mostly a good thing. 

So for now I'll leave you with this busy bee, and I'll continue to be a different kind of busy myself. Perhaps I'll return to this amazing world in some other form at a later time, when things have calmed down, when all our walls have been painted and our shelves of books have been put up, and our vegetables are properly settled and the herb garden flourishes. We'll see. 

If you want to follow me on my adventures, you can find me on Instagram: @elise_albrektsen


 photo DSC_0033_af0a8c44_zpsotjqffhc.jpg

Thank you for having me. 

0 kommentarer:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thoughts by others

The least strained and most natural ways of the soul are the most beautiful; the best occupations are the least forced.
- Michel de Montaigne.

What's on my bedsidetable right now:

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

Copyright Notice

All the pictures on this blog are © Elise Albrektsen, unless otherwise noted, and should not be used without my permission. Send questions, thoughts and other messages to elise_albrektsen (at) hotmail (dot) com.
Happy reading!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP