Photography and Knits by Elise Sophie

norwegian flowers, books in a stack on the bedside table, cups of tea, films with lots of swearing, pincushions shaped as mushrooms, cats with big hearts, friends with many names and flavours, music with a lot of dimensions, knitting needles that mysteriously disappear, and yarn. lots of yarn.

søndag 22. september 2013

Calimero


As I mentioned in my previous blog post, I took part in a test knit. This was my very first time test knitting anything, so I was naturally quite excited about it.

What I knitted was this:

 photo IMG_9873_zps201adda9.jpg  
A cowl, that can also, in a matter of seconds, be transformed into either a slouchy hat or a thick, more tight fitting hat. I test knit it in size L, so both me and my boyfriend can use it this coming winter - as a cowl for me, and as both for my boyfriend. It is really a very clever design, which incorporates a few simple, but highly effective techniques. It was designed by Elizabeth Brassard, who likes playing around with garter stitch.

 photo IMG_9869_zps196e7800.jpg
In this photo, the details of the Malabrigo Worsted is shown in detail. I decided, in cohorts with my boyfriend, to knit Calimero in the colourway Marine, since I haven't really knitted much in blue before, and also because it would give a nice (but subdued) pop of colour to his otherwise black/grey wardrobe. Visit the ravelry page for more details on this cool design, here.

After having finished my first test knit, I'm left feeling good about aiding someone in the process of publishing a new, exciting pattern, but also thoroughly inspired.

0 kommentarer:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thoughts by others

The least strained and most natural ways of the soul are the most beautiful; the best occupations are the least forced.
- Michel de Montaigne.

What's on my bedsidetable right now:

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

Copyright Notice

All the pictures on this blog are © Elise Albrektsen, unless otherwise noted, and should not be used without my permission. Send questions, thoughts and other messages to elise_albrektsen (at) hotmail (dot) com.
Happy reading!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP