Photography and Knits by Elise Sophie

norwegian flowers, books in a stack on the bedside table, cups of tea, films with lots of swearing, pincushions shaped as mushrooms, cats with big hearts, friends with many names and flavours, music with a lot of dimensions, knitting needles that mysteriously disappear, and yarn. lots of yarn.

onsdag 4. september 2013

On the needles recently

Soundtrack: wood pidgeons outside my kitchen window.

 It's been a while since I did a post about my knitting adventures, so I thought I'd share some of my most recently finished projects with you. I've knitted LOTS over the summer and it's been so fantastic to knit completely guilt free (as any student who loves to knit might empathise with).

My most recent project to come off the needles was this lovely cardigan:

 photo IMG_9847_zps7bce302e.jpg

It was knitted using Eden Cottage Yarn's Langdale Aran weight merino wool in the colourway Clematis. It created a lush, drapey and heavy weight fabric - perfect for the winter. It was knitted using Pickles' Plain Cardigan pattern, which you can find here, in the 3-4 year size.

 photo IMG_9850_zps7a6e49b6.jpg

A close-up of the buttons. More details on Ravelry.


Before the cardigan I knitted this hat - modelled after the one worn by Bill Murray, Owen Wilson et al. in The Life Aquatic:

 photo IMG_9846_zpsbab47d94.jpg

It taught me how to do a tubular cast on which looks very professional and creates a very stretchy edge. It was knitted in Cascade 220 Solids, in the colourway Christmas Red. More on Ravelry.


Before I returned from my holiday in Norway, I knitted myself a Betty sweater, another Pickles pattern:

 photo IMG_9861_zpsdd922839.jpg

The only modifications I made was to omit the rib collar to make the fit more relaxed. It is very warm, so I haven't been able to wear it yet, but I'm really looking forward to wearing it from now on. It was knit in Drops Nepal in a mustard yellow colour I absolutely l-o-v-e, and I got it at an incredible price! So happy about this one.


Right now I've got lots of planned projects in front of me, as well as a couple recently started ones. I'm testknitting a pattern for the first time in my life, which is very exciting; more on that when the pattern has been published!  I've cast on a Divison Cardigan in a DK weight yarn made from 50% Jacob wool and 50% mohair, from Blacker Yarns - find the exact one I'm using here (it's on sale!!), and here's a photo of the first sleeve:

 photo IMG_9844_zps07ec577e.jpg

Not only do I love the yarn, it's so sturdy and lovely to knit with, but the pattern is one of the clearest, most concise patterns I've ever come across. Amy Christoffers - you have convinced me that all the hype about the excellence of your patterns on Ravelry, and elsewhere, is completely warranted.



0 kommentarer:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thoughts by others

The least strained and most natural ways of the soul are the most beautiful; the best occupations are the least forced.
- Michel de Montaigne.

What's on my bedsidetable right now:

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

Copyright Notice

All the pictures on this blog are © Elise Albrektsen, unless otherwise noted, and should not be used without my permission. Send questions, thoughts and other messages to elise_albrektsen (at) hotmail (dot) com.
Happy reading!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP