Photography and Knits by Elise Sophie

norwegian flowers, books in a stack on the bedside table, cups of tea, films with lots of swearing, pincushions shaped as mushrooms, cats with big hearts, friends with many names and flavours, music with a lot of dimensions, knitting needles that mysteriously disappear, and yarn. lots of yarn.

tirsdag 23. september 2014

autumnal musings

As I'm typing this, I can hear the sounds of cooking going on in the kitchen, and the smell of roasted spices. Ginger, cumin, cinnamon - all autumnal in colour and scent, somehow.
The other day we went for a walk to a lake outside Oslo, to get out of the city for a while, and to see how far the autumn has come, because when you're in the city most of the time, it is sometimes hard to stop and notice things properly. In small ways I'm trying to notice the seasons changing, and to actually live properly in the now. It's hard! But this week I'm going to make some marmalade, to accompany our weekend breakfasts as the weather gets colder, as well as continue my current knitting project in the most autumnal colour you could find - see my last post! I'm also trying to keep a somewhat regular weather journal, which is a new and refreshing thing for me to do. This year I've been more aware and observant of colours and textures than I've been before. I'm wondering if it hasn't accompanied my ever increasing joy in knitting in natural materials? I constantly touch, smell and stare at different textures and make mental (or photographic) notes of them so I can remember and keep being inspired by them.

Although our walk the other day wasn't primarily a walk to observe mushrooms, these pictures suggest otherwise:

 photo IMG_0407_zps6314c608.jpg


 photo IMG_0396_zps31f9d4d1.jpg


 photo IMG_0412_zps6e3d029d.jpg


And when we returned, tired in that good way from the exercise and fresh air, we ate the most delicious lamb stew. Don't be deceived by the slightly ambiguous look of this dish - it was truly wonderful! Eating seasonal is also part of my effort to stop and live here and now. That is why we're having lamb curry tonight!

 photo IMG_0383_zps1965bd25.jpg

I hope you are all enjoying the colder and darker days, wherever you are!

All photos were taken with Canon 400D, with my 50mm lens.

0 kommentarer:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thoughts by others

The least strained and most natural ways of the soul are the most beautiful; the best occupations are the least forced.
- Michel de Montaigne.

What's on my bedsidetable right now:

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

Copyright Notice

All the pictures on this blog are © Elise Albrektsen, unless otherwise noted, and should not be used without my permission. Send questions, thoughts and other messages to elise_albrektsen (at) hotmail (dot) com.
Happy reading!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP