Photography and Knits by Elise Sophie

norwegian flowers, books in a stack on the bedside table, cups of tea, films with lots of swearing, pincushions shaped as mushrooms, cats with big hearts, friends with many names and flavours, music with a lot of dimensions, knitting needles that mysteriously disappear, and yarn. lots of yarn.

mandag 29. juni 2015

A pair of shorts and gained confidence

At the start of June I decided to get sewing, and this time do it for real! I've been meaning to really really learn how to do it for a long time, but never gotten round to truly work on it. So - I set out with an inspirational quote at the start of the month, to remind me that learning and perfecting a craft takes time, and decided that June 2015 is the month that I get really into sewing.

After a few very hectic last weeks at work, I don't have much to show you at this point, but I managed to make a (wearable) muslin of the brilliant PurlBee pattern City Gym Shorts, plus a finished and really cute looking pair of the same shorts:



  Practising patience has been challenging - I have such clear ideas of how I want my garments and projects in general to look that I often disappoint myself. But taking the time to sew a muslin first and following all the steps of the pattern carefully has really been eye opening. It takes a lot of skill to sew! And even though I'm only a beginner now, I think that some day, if I keep taking my time with this craft, I' can get really good at it. So here's to another month of crafting and sewing and knitting and just plain having a good time. (Can you tell that I'm on holiday?) 

What are you making? 

X, Elise

2 kommentarer:

Nicole juni 29, 2015  

I love those shorts!!! I just saw the pattern the other day, and I was thinking how great it would be to make a pair. Now I'm extra tempted! I do really love how your pair turned out. I hope you get lots of knitting and sewing and relaxing done while you're on holiday! Have a lovely week!

elisesophie juli 03, 2015  

Thank you, Nicole! I've made another cute pair since this post went up, and I'm just loving putting them together. Have a great weekend!

xx, Elise

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thoughts by others

The least strained and most natural ways of the soul are the most beautiful; the best occupations are the least forced.
- Michel de Montaigne.

What's on my bedsidetable right now:

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

Copyright Notice

All the pictures on this blog are © Elise Albrektsen, unless otherwise noted, and should not be used without my permission. Send questions, thoughts and other messages to elise_albrektsen (at) hotmail (dot) com.
Happy reading!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP