Photography and Knits by Elise Sophie

norwegian flowers, books in a stack on the bedside table, cups of tea, films with lots of swearing, pincushions shaped as mushrooms, cats with big hearts, friends with many names and flavours, music with a lot of dimensions, knitting needles that mysteriously disappear, and yarn. lots of yarn.

onsdag 3. juni 2015

Mittens in June?

June seems to be a bit weather confused in these parts of the world. So far we've had

- one day of wind and sun

- one of pouring rain (cats and dogs style)

- and one of calm, but chill stillness requiring socks (and mittens for the extra cold)


 photo LOL3_zpscdjosqh7.jpg

I don't know if you remember these? They've been in the making for a long time! Here's just photo proof that they're all done, at last.

I really hope that I won't be needing these in the near future... but if I do, my hands will at least look quite nice!

4 kommentarer:

Nicole juni 04, 2015  

Those are simply gorgeous mittens! I love the Fair Isle Motif book. Of course, I haven't been able to knit ANY of the patterns yet, even though I got it at Christmas. But I do enjoy even just flipping through the pages and looking at the pictures! Hope your weather clears up soon!!

elisesophie juni 06, 2015  

I love that book so much, instant inspiration on every page. We had a lovely summery day yesterday, followed by one of rain, rain and more rain today. Oh well! It is good for the roses and peonies, at least, and that is a comfort. Thank you for your kind words, Nicole!
xx

Sylvilel juni 07, 2015  

Prettiest of mittens! Pity it's so hard to find tweed yarn here in Norway, I really love the stuff :)

elisesophie juni 10, 2015  

Thank you, Sylvi! I have a great tip for you, then: go to http://www.shetlandwoolbrokers.co.uk/epages/BT2741.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/BT2741/Products/%22Yarn%20-%20Jumper%20Weight%20500g%20Cones%22/SubProducts/%22Jumper%20Weight%20500gCones%20-%200014%22 and order a 500g cone of this incredible yarn, for only 25 pounds. It's so worth it because the yardage is so good on this yarn (hence all the left overs ;-).)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thoughts by others

The least strained and most natural ways of the soul are the most beautiful; the best occupations are the least forced.
- Michel de Montaigne.

What's on my bedsidetable right now:

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

Copyright Notice

All the pictures on this blog are © Elise Albrektsen, unless otherwise noted, and should not be used without my permission. Send questions, thoughts and other messages to elise_albrektsen (at) hotmail (dot) com.
Happy reading!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP