Photography and Knits by Elise Sophie

norwegian flowers, books in a stack on the bedside table, cups of tea, films with lots of swearing, pincushions shaped as mushrooms, cats with big hearts, friends with many names and flavours, music with a lot of dimensions, knitting needles that mysteriously disappear, and yarn. lots of yarn.

tirsdag 6. august 2013

quick hello

Soundtrack: Patti Smith – Going Under - Digitally Remastered, 1996

Hello again! I hope you've had a lovely summer, I have! I'm sorry I have completely neglected this blog, but I haven't been idle in the summer. I've been using my Pentax MX a lot in the summer, taking some pictures at home in Norway as well as a whole lot from a lovely wedding I was invited to. I will be developing a bunch of them any day now, so stay tuned.


 photo IMG_9766_zpscc3a12d1.jpg

My red geranium just started to blossom over again when I returned to Edinburgh. There's just something about a red geranium on the window sill... don't you agree?

 photo IMG_9769_zps86ce2c07.jpg

I cast on a little project to get rid of my impulse-yarn. I'm not normally an impulse-yarn-buyer (only if I see something extraordinarily nice that I simply have to have in my stash, which, to be fair, happens from time to time) and I've been experiencing big trouble finding suitable projects for this Fingering/4ply yarn. It's 100% merino, but feels rather like cotton, and I'm not a huge fan. It's in a lovely shade, though, so I'll persevere. I've got a little cardigan on the needles, in the same yarn, which has knit up beautifully, so maybe it's just me being a little yarn blind at the moment?

What have you been up to in the summer? Would love to hear how you've been!


Digital photos
Canon EOS 400d

0 kommentarer:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thoughts by others

The least strained and most natural ways of the soul are the most beautiful; the best occupations are the least forced.
- Michel de Montaigne.

What's on my bedsidetable right now:

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

Copyright Notice

All the pictures on this blog are © Elise Albrektsen, unless otherwise noted, and should not be used without my permission. Send questions, thoughts and other messages to elise_albrektsen (at) hotmail (dot) com.
Happy reading!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP