Photography and Knits by Elise Sophie

norwegian flowers, books in a stack on the bedside table, cups of tea, films with lots of swearing, pincushions shaped as mushrooms, cats with big hearts, friends with many names and flavours, music with a lot of dimensions, knitting needles that mysteriously disappear, and yarn. lots of yarn.

søndag 16. august 2015

Moving out!

We are in Oslo again, packing our books (how can there be so many?) and yarn into boxes, preparing for our big move next week. It's so amazing to think that soon we'll be living up north!
It is pretty hectic around here as you can probably imagine, with boxes everywhere, and laundry hanging to dry at all times, but I'm making sure I get some knitting time every night, just to keep me sane.



Right now I'm knitting on a pair of socks. It's about as mindless and straight forward a project as I can manage at the moment, but it is proving the best choice for now. I'm using the Lifestyle Toe Up pattern, by Charisa Martin Cairn, which has become my go-to pattern for toe up socks.  It is so simple, and I love the fact that you don't have to knit a gauge swatch before you start. You just cast on either 8, 10 or 12 stitches for the toe, depending on the size of the feet they're knitted for, and you're off! I'm using left overs for these ones, some Filcolana and some Lang Wool, I think. 
These socks are destined for my ever expanding Christmas pile, which pleases me immensely - I love gifting homemade things for Christmas! 

Have a happy Sunday!

0 kommentarer:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thoughts by others

The least strained and most natural ways of the soul are the most beautiful; the best occupations are the least forced.
- Michel de Montaigne.

What's on my bedsidetable right now:

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

Copyright Notice

All the pictures on this blog are © Elise Albrektsen, unless otherwise noted, and should not be used without my permission. Send questions, thoughts and other messages to elise_albrektsen (at) hotmail (dot) com.
Happy reading!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP